Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Porikadalai urundai / Roasted gram Laddu - Another Version

Preparation time : 20 mins
Yield                 : 15 laddus

This Laddu is very popular in my mom's home and in my mother-in-law home. It is loved by my family very much. My mom adds grated coconut and less ghee in this laddu . I have already posted this version. Please check here. My mother does not add coconut, but more ghee. I have tried this version. Additionally I added Oats as well. This laddu will be the kids favorite. Do try this.


INGREDIENTS:

Roasted Grams /Fried Grams (Porikadalai)250 gms
Sugar  1 Cup
Oats1/4 cup
Coconut WaterAs Required
Milk1/4 cup
Ghee3 tbsp


STEPS:
  1. Grind the Roasted grams, Oats and Sugar in the mixer and keep aside in a deep bowl.
  2. In a pan, heat 2 tbsp Ghee and add to Roasted grams. Add milk.
  3. Add Coconut water little by little to the Roasted grams mixture till it binds and make round balls. Repeat the same step to the rest of the mixture.

Tips:
  • Add Sugar according to your taste.
  • If you have fresh coconut water, you can use it to bind the mixture. It gives very good taste. If you don't have coconut water, go for water.
  • you can add roasted cashews also.

5 comments:

  1. tempting laddoos,looks absolutely fabulous and inviting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. very healthy laddu,delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice version and I will surely enjoy one of it as a closing after dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy and delicious looking ladoo's :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for spending time on my blog and your lovely comments. Your comments are so valuable for me.

Pages